Last Modified: September 2021
Welcome to our Website
Welcome to shop.se.com/uk (the “Website”).
Additional terms and conditions that may apply to You
Any purchase You make on our Website, is governed by our Terms of Sale and You agree to comply with these Terms of Sale if You make a purchase.
Who we are and how to contact us
The company acting as operator of the Website (“Schneider Electric”) is:
- Schneider Electric Controls UK Limited
- Registered Office: Stafford Park 5, Telford, England TF3 3BL
- Telephone and Email : +44 (0) 333 6000 622 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal Form: A private limited company
- Issued share capital of £29,029 consisting of 2,900 ordinary shares at a nominal valued of GBP0.01 and 2,900,000 preference shares at a nominal value of GBP0.01
- Registration number: 00739180
- VAT Number: GB242 3380 87
To contact us, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 333 6000 622.
“Account” means the account You create to access and use our Website.
“Account Information” means information that You provide to us in connection with the creation or administration of Your account on our Website, such as, amongst other things, names, usernames, phone numbers, and email addresses associated with Your account.
“Affiliates” means, with respect to Schneider Electric, any corporation, company or other legal entity that is directly or indirectly (i) controlling Schneider Electric, or (ii) controlled by Schneider Electric, or (iii) under common control with Schneider Electric, and the term “control” shall, for the purpose of this definition, mean the direct or indirect control of at least 50% of the stock capital and/or of the voting rights. Notwithstanding the aforesaid definition of Affiliate, AVEVA Group Plc. and all its subsidiaries shall not be deemed as Affiliates of Schneider Electric.
“Intellectual Property Rights”: means any patents, utility models, moral rights, copyright, trademarks and trade names, service marks, rights in domain names, rights in design, rights in computer software, database rights, rights in confidential information (including but not limited to all rights in know-how and trade secrets) and any other form of intellectual property protection afforded by law which otherwise arises or is enforceable under the laws of any jurisdiction or any bi-lateral or multi-lateral treaty regime.
“Personal Information”: means any information relating to an individual who can be identified or is identifiable directly or indirectly.
“Schneider Electric Contents” means any content, materials and information, such as but not limited to, text, audio, video, images, graphics, drawings, schematics, photos, literature, products or services’ descriptions and listings, databases, algorithms, aggregated files or data, page headers or footers, button icons or scripts, that Schneider Electric or any of its Affiliates publish, display or otherwise make available on the Website.
“You” or “User” means any legal or individual person creating an Account on our Website.
“User Communications” means content such as comments, ratings, feedback or reviews uploaded by a User, to the Website
When You can use our Website
You can only use our Website if You are of legal age in Your country and You can also only make purchases on our Website if You create an Account.
Free of charge access and use
Access to and use of the Website is free of charge.
Information on our Website
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
Creating a user Account and keeping Your details safe
To create an Account in order to use our Website and make purchases You will need to complete the registration process by providing us the Account Information in the registration form. When creating Your Account, You are responsible for (1) ensuring that the details You provide us with are correct and complete, and (2) informing us of any changes to the Account Information You have provided. You can access Your information in the “Your Account” section of the Website.
You are responsible for keeping Your Account Information and password confidential. You must not disclose Your password to any third party.
Unavailability of our Website and ending our relationship with You
We try our best to offer the Website without interruption, however, this may not always be possible, and we may alter, suspend, or discontinue the Website in whole or in part, from time to time.
Protection of personal information
For information on how we protect and process your personal information for the purpose of giving You access to the Website and enabling Your use of the Website, and about cookies on our Website please see our Privacy and Cookie Notices Policy.
You are responsible for any third-party personal information that You upload, store, create, use, share, modify, delete or otherwise process during Your use of the Website. You must comply with all applicable laws if you share third party personal information when using the Website.
- In any way that breaches any law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export control regulations).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Schneider Electric, a Schneider Electric employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Schneider Electric or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, You agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- Upload files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not limited to, copyright or trademark laws, unless You own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
We are not responsible for viruses and You must not introduce them to the Website
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring Your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use Your own virus protection software.
As outlined above in our acceptable use requirements, You must not misuse our Website or introduce viruses. If You breach this provision and break the law, we will report it to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing Your identity to them.
Schneider Electric, or its licensors own the Intellectual Property Rights in the Website, its domain name(s) and extensions and the Schneider Electric Contents.
Permission to use and print the documentation (such as installation guides, manuals, end of life documentation) that is available and freely downloadable from the Website is herein granted to You, provided that (1) the Schneider Electric copyright notice appears unaltered in all copies you may make and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear, (2) use of such documentation is for informational and non-commercial purposes or Your personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and (3) no modifications of any such documentation are made.
The documentation specified above does not include the design or layout of the Website. Elements of the Website are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other intellectual property laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from the Website may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Schneider Electric.
Any User Communications posted, uploaded, inputted or submitted to the Website by other users has not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not represent our views or values.
We are under no obligation to accept the posting, upload, input or other submission of any User Communication and may remove from the Website any User Communication that breaches or threatens to breach any laws or regulations, any of our Policies or the acceptable use requirements of the Website
You promise that any User Communication You upload complies with our acceptable use requirements.
You own the copyright in the User Communication posted or uploaded to the Website provided that it is your original work (this means that it does not contain anyone else's content). You grant Schneider Electric, with the right to sublicense to subcontractors acting on behalf of Schneider Electric, a non-exclusive, worldwide, free of charge and royalty-free licence right to use, Your User Communications on the Website (such as comments or reviews), for the purposes of: (i) displaying it on the Website; (ii) editing it, modifying it or translating it for use on the Website; (iii) sharing it for development purposes including improving our products, the Website or our business practices.
Limitations of liability and responsibility for loss and damage
Whether You are a consumer or business user:
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to You, which will be set out in our Terms of Sale.
If You are a business user:
The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Website or any content on it.
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of revenue, profits, goodwill, reputation,
- loss of anticipated savings,
- loss of data or data use
- other intangible damages or losses,
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage, including of the type listed in the bullet points above.
If You are a consumer user:
We do not voluntarily accept responsibility for any loss or damage:
Third party websites
It is strictly prohibited to create any hyperlink to the Website, such as but not limited to any link from any third-party website, without our express prior written consent.
Where our Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for Your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information You may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
If You are a consumer, You additionally enjoy the protection afforded to You by mandatory provisions of any laws of Your country of residence for the protection of Your consumer rights.
If You are a consumer having Your residence in the EU, the European Commission provides for an online and out-of-court consumers disputes resolution platform, which You can access under the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
If You are a business user, You irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
We may also update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities.
© 2021 - Schneider Electric. All rights reserved.