Wiser Energy, Home Energy Monitor, Wifi, with 1 pair of CTs
- Keep tabs on your home activity from anywhere
- Easy installation in your home's electrical panel
- Reduce your electric bill with live energy tracking
- Integrates with Alexa, Google, Square D connected Wiring devices and more
WISEREM: For homes without a solar power system
If you have a standard residential home without a solar power system, you'll want the standard Wiser bundle, WISEREM, that includes one pair of current transformers to monitor energy use.
You may want to add a second set of current transformers if any of these apply:
1. Support for 400A split-service panels; or
2. Ability to monitor up to two 120V or 240V dedicated circuits in order to track a major appliance or device; or
3. Tracking for home standby generators.
WISEREMPV: For homes with a solar power system
If your home has a solar power system, you'll want the Wiser bundle, WISEREMPV, that includes a second pair of current transformers to monitor energy use and solar production.
You'll get the Wiser Energy monitor, plus a second set of current transformers to measure solar production.
Wiser Energy, 1 pair of CTs WISERCTPV$52.50
Wiser Energy, Home Energy Monitor, Wifi, Solar, with 2 pairs of CTs WISEREMPV$349.00
Real-time energy monitoring to save you money
The Wiser Energy system installs in your home's electrical panel and provides real-time energy usage, notifications when devices turn on or off, and can help you save money and avoid disaster. Using the Square D™ version of the Sense app, keep tabs on your home anywhere, from your phone.
How Wiser gets smarter over time with machine learning
✓ Wiser Energy Home Power Monitor gradually learns about your home as things turn on and off.
✓ Wattage is tracked through current transformers wrapped around the mains that feed your elecrical panel, sampling data 1 million times per second.
✓ Machine learning algorithms find device signatures within your home's power profile and uses that data to determine what devices are on and off.
✓ Typically the monitor detects 12 devices in the first month after it’s installed and 25-30 devices after 12 months.
Installing the Wiser Energy system is simple, quick and straightforward.* Once the Wiser Energy monitoring unit is installed in your home's electrical panel by a licensed electrician, and connected to your wifi, setting up the app takes only minutes.
Once your devices are identified, you'll have crystal clear insight into your energy use. Now your home has a voice!
*Note: Contact a licensed electrician for installation of the Wiser Energy system.
Wiser Energy Home Power Monitor
with 1 pair of current transformers
Includes: Monitor unit + 1 pair of current transformers
Wiser Energy Current Transformers
Includes: 1 pair of current transformers
Solar or Generator
Wiser Energy Home Power Monitor
with 2 pairs of current transformers
Includes: Monitor unit + 2 pairs of current transformers
What’s in the box:
Mounting Bracket (optional) with 2 Screws
1 Pair of Current Transformers
* 2-pole breaker not included
|range of product||
|Product or Component Type||
2.6 in (66.04 mm)
5.4 in (137.16 mm)
1.3 in (33.02 mm)
|IP degree of protection||
00105-WISER ENERGY PRODUCTS
How to use the Square D™ edition of the Sense app with Square D™ connected devices?1. Go to Settings > My Home > Connected Devices, and enable the integration for Wiser Home devices.
2. Once you click Enable, you will need to enter the credentials of your Wiser Home account.
3. Once enabled, it will take a few minutes for the Square D Edition of the Sense app to add your new smart plug devices to your device list.
4. Once added, these devices will function like any other device in the app. The added bonus is that you will also be able to control the device (turning it on/off) right from the Square D Edition of the Sense app, by tapping the on/off button (shown on both the device list or detailed device view).
5. For any smart plug device, you will see a "What's plugged in?" option in Device Details (iOS and Android only). We encourage you to answer this, so that you can better categorize the device, help the app learn, and also ensure that you do not have any duplicate devices (in cases where you have a device on a smart plug that the app has already detected). You can specify one of three different options on the “What’s plugged in?” screen.
1. Assign the smart plug to an already detected device. This merges smart plug data with identified device.2. Assign the smart plug to a new device and specify what that device is. This treats the smart plug as an individual device.3. Assign to a power strip that has many different devices on it. This treats the smart plug as a composite device. If any of these devices have been detected previously, select them from the "Sense Detected Devices" list below. Historical data from these devices will be merged with the new power strip device.
6. You can control the frequency of timeline notifications and bubble behavior of smart plug devices with the Standby feature.
If you are experiencing strange or incorrect wattage numbers, please check to make sure your smart plugs have the latest firmware. You can do this via your Square D Wiser Home app. Firmware updates are automatic when connected to WiFi.
Can Wiser Energy detect all devices?Not everything. We're able to identify many electrical devices in typical homes and continue to expand our device detection abilities.
As we get data from more and more homes, the performance and coverage of our device detection will improve.
What certifications does Wiser Energy have?
In addition to extensive in-house testing, the Wiser Energy monitor has been tested to UL and IEC standards for safety, and certified by ETL/Intertek as safe to install in your home. Intertek is a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and the ETL mark is functionally equivalent to the UL mark.
Wiser Energy, when properly installed, also meets all requirements laid out in the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC). This means the Wiser Energy Monitor has been through an extensive set of industry standard safety tests to ensure that it is safe to use when plugged into electrical power and safe to use inside an electrical panel.
Per section 312.8, the Wiser Energy monitor and its current transformers are listed as a system, designed for field installation in a switch enclosure.
Wiser Energy also meets FCC Class B standards for electromagnetic interference.
All electrical devices emit electrical “noise” (in fact, the electrical noise emitted by the devices in your home is one of the things Wiser Energy uses to identify them!) — and the FCC has a strict set of limits and requires extensive testing to make sure they are not exceeded.
Wiser Energy has passed those tests and should not cause interference with other devices in your home.
- Certified to CSA STD C22.2 No. 61010-1
- Conforms to UL STD 61010-1
- Conforms to UL STD 61010-2-032
- Conforms to CAN ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B)
- Conforms to CISPR 32
- Conforms to CISPR 35
Is Wiser Energy compatible with my home?To ensure you have the best experience with Wiser Energy, the following compatibility specifications are recommended:
Your home has:
- A consistent 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi connection. Wiser Energy is not compatible with 5Ghz Wi-Fi signals.
- Its own electrical meter and accessible electrical panel.
Your electrical panel:
The following Square D electrical panels are known to be incompatible as a result of the current sensors not fitting around the bus bars;
- Is a split-phase 120/240V residential panel up to 200A.
- Must have enough space to fit sensor clamps with HxWxD dimensions of 3.375" x 2" x .75" (85.73 x 50.8 x 19.05mm), and an inside diameter of 1”. The Wiser Energy current sensors may not be able to fit around busbars.
- Should be within cable length of Sensor cables (46" (116.84cm) and power cable (36" (91.44cm) ).
- Does not drop below 32°F (0°C) or exceed 122°F (50°C).
- Is not exposed to water or areas with high condensation (Sense complies with ANSI/IEC 60529 Rated IPx0).
QC12L200C QC2442M200C QC816F125C QC816F150C QC816F200C RC12L200C RC1624M100S RC1624M125S RC2040M125CH RC2040M150CH RC2040M200C RC2040M200CH RC816D200CH RC816F100CH RC816F125CH RC816150CH RC816F200C RC816F200CH SC1624M100F SC1624M100S SC1624M125F SC1624M125S SC2040M125F SC2040M125S SC2040M200F SC3040M200F SC3040M225F SC816D150C SC816D200C SC816D200F SC8L125F SU2040M200C SU3040M200R SU2040M225R SU816D150C SU816D200C SC2040M200C SO2040M200S
Will Wiser Energy work with my solar panels?Most likely! Your incoming solar feed can connect directly into your main electrical panel, either through a breaker or a service-side tap.
If solar is set up in a subpanel, the incoming solar feed should be within 46" of the main panel as this will allow the provided current sensor cable to reach and connect to the Wiser Energy monitor in the main electrical panel.
If it is further than 46" extension cables are available in lengths of;
Length(Feet) Part Number 4' WISEREMCTEXT4 12' WISEREMCTEXT12 25' WISEREMCTEXT25 40' WISEREMCTEXT40
These extensions can be combined to achieve larger lengths, but the maximum length can be no more than 300'.